Time share woes

Started by pestopasta, November 23, 2023, 12:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pestopasta

In short, I've been vacationing next door to an abusive narc for roughly 20 years. Classic symptoms and just a giant pita that I dread seeing for months beforehand.

In recent years I have finally begun taking steps to protect myself. He's noticed and really, really doesn't like it. He has said incredibly insulting things to and about me over the years, has started a smear campaign against me with anyone who he can get to listen since I've stopped pandering to his nonsense and constantly, constantly tries to engage me in conversation when I clearly do not want to. He has mobility issues so will stare at me and follow me and my family with his eyes around the entire complex, waiting for a chance to pounce. Because of the fact they are literally next door we have to potentially deal with this every time we walk outside.

His extended family are flying monkeys who have now been recruited to get my family back under control. They try to groom my kids and repeatedly try make flattering overtures to my husband to make it seem like they're great people who are just trying to be friendly. They will not give up even though we have made it clear we just want to be left alone.

My husband doesn't want anything to do with conflict, so brushes these encounters off, which I get, but it really makes my blood boil when he and they try to interfere with my kids. It's not going too far to say that having recognized that they will never win me over, they are now trying to create a conflict in my family.

We basically have to sneak around him and his ridiculous family to avoid their attempts to draw us into conversation everyday we are there, which is exhausting and incredibly annoying - all we're trying to do is relax!

He actually became so frustrated over our unwillingness to let him control us that he made a sexualized comment about my daughter and husband the last time we were there. Sick, sick stuff.

I cannot stand the sight of him and knowing that his family is hanging around waiting for their inheritance means that they will continue to be in our business and faces for the forseeable future!

I am so sick of going to this place that I really love and being forced to deal with this bull sh@t!