2024 goals...

Started by Associate of Daniel, December 03, 2023, 01:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Associate of Daniel

At this stage, I have none.  I'm just limping to the end of 2023.  I can't wait to wrap it up in a box and put it on a shelf.

It's been a terrible year - mainly for many of my friends. Utterly tragic.

For me personally, the ongoing implosion of my church's denomination, which included the closure of my church several months ago. It's hard to find a new church that suits one's beliefs and preferred worship style, as well as an approprite locality.

Then the sudden death of my mum just over a month ago. And the continuing struggles with now looking after my elderly and completely devastated dad. They were together for 70 years.

So, although I've started this thread, I'm kind of not.  I'm hoping other people's contributions to it will inspire me.

AOD

Boat Babe

Dear AoD how simply awful for you. Huge hugs from me to you. We experience so much loss in the span of a human life. Sometimes I wonder how some people, myself included, keep going. I totally hesitate to ply you with platitudes so just know that we, here, understand pain.
Here's to a better 2024 for you and for us all.
It gets better. It has to.

Poison Ivy

AoD, I'm sorry for these heart-breaking losses and the resulting challenges.

square

I'm so sorry to hear of your difficult year. I do hope 2024 will be a better one for you, and that you will again find the space to work on your goals.

Associate of Daniel

Thank-you for your replies, folks.  It's now nearly a month later (New Year's Day, in fact) and I'm feeling a lot better.

I've set a goal for 2024, and even started on it a few days ago.  Paper.  I HAVE to declutter my papers.

I have 3 main hot spots and I've done some of 2 of them so far.  I thought up a system for beginning the process.  3 categories which will later be further divided.  Rubbish, File, Action.  I've even actioned some things already.  Go me!  Looking at the File pile, I should probably be more ruthless but hey.  I've started.

How about everyone else?

AOD

Poison Ivy

I have a resolution for my work and personal lives: I won't overshare.

tommom

So sorry to hear of your problems, AOD. I lost one of my best friends - suddenly - on 1/5. It is so, so hard. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I am glad you have been able to take some steps toward your goals - good!

I decided at the end of 2023 to self-publish some of my books (they are just little stories, what are called "cozy" mysteries, meaning quaint settings, not a lot of blood, gore, drugs, sex or rock and roll. Just super easy, fairly short reads - today that is about 50 to 60K words) and working on a blog (like books aren't enough).

My health was compromised a while back because of a fall, and I'm working on my recovery, too. So, busy year for me!

Hope your 2024 is wonderful, everyone!
"It is not my job to fix other people; everyone is on their own journey."