Dec 2023

Started by StartingHealing, December 24, 2023, 04:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StartingHealing

Ahh the holiday season is upon the land and I'm doing well I think. (chuckle) Still have a bit of apprehension because honestly, I'm not used to the peace, the quiet, the not being beholden to another, that it's just me.  That I don't have to do X unless I want to.  Very strange going from the "have to" to eh, maybe I will, maybe I won't.

There is still work but that is kind of a given.  Have to be of service of some sort to others to get the $ needed for the daily bread type thing. In my daily experience I don't think about the former spouse. At all. Where I do distinctly remember her being a large part of my thinking prior.   I do hear things occasionally from a 3rd party about her.  Now it's like eh, whatever.  Dam_edest thing though, she's having the exact same scenario happening but according to her I was the one 100% at fault. Truth does come out eventually I reckon.

Have branched out and joined a FB group that engages in pen pal letter exchange. The preferred method is fountain pens and cursive writing.  there are some that use a manual typewriter.  That got me thinking  ;)  Perhaps in the future I shall acquire one and find a good service tech for it.  I'm discovering that while digital items are very handy, I mean crapola the device in my pocket has multiple times the processing power it took to land a person on the moon for Pete's sake, there is a fondness for analog, for mechanical things.  Typing was a mandatory class in high school.  The Royal 440 mechanical typewriters with the two tone ink ribbon was the devices that we had to use. My analog photography hobby brings me joy, and I prefer the camera that is 100% mechanical in nature.  The other one I have is a good camera but it has more electronics, and if the batteries go dead, so does the camera.  Both are using 35mm film.

Actually, my new mobile has a significant camera pack. Captures amazing images. yet, I still prefer the look and feel of an image that has been developed into an actual physical print.  It's amazing when I look through the negatives and that + light + paper results in a physical object that I can hold.  Not just pixels on a screen.

To all the brave souls here, my wish is that you have a wonderful holiday season and a wonder filled new year!

SonofThunder

Hey there StartingHealimg,

The additional analog interests sound great! Keep up the great growth work and thanks for the Christmas wishes. Likewise!

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

StartingHealing

Hello SoT,

You are most welcome good sir.  May you have a fabulous new year! We both deserve many blessings by my reckoning.  I really feel that analog is where us humans do the best.  Nothing against digital, I mean shoot fire, without the internet, this site, etc. I wouldn't be where I am at now, enjoying the peace, quiet, and figuring out how to be just me. Chuckle.

Wishing you all the best