DNA experience and vulnerability

Started by Halverson, December 26, 2023, 04:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halverson

Hi. I'm a person who was raised to believe I someone else until a DNA test revealed that I had a different father and siblings. Growing up, I had it rough, especially from my mother, who was forced to have me. I was criticized and dismissed, and then I married myself right into the same situation. My husband was always right and any problems with the family were on me because he said I couldn't even get along with my own family. After our divorce, I lost my daughters to him slowly and deliberately. I was afraid of his constant, insidious, subtle accusations. For instance, an accusation of domestic violence and child abuse from my ex husband required me to be evaluated, was unsubstantiated, but now I was someone that my children needed protection from. Soon, they called his girlfriend Mom, and I wasn't in the family photos at their high school graduation. Ten years later, I've never met my grandchildren. For me, I have a lot of mental health support and my plan is to be at my best if I get to see my kids again.

Hi everyone. Today is my grandson's birthday.

notrightinthehead

I can't hate my way into loving myself.

bloomie

Adding another warm welcome to you, Halverson. I am so sorry for the painful and complex experiences that bring you here, but am thankful you have reached out to this supportive community!

What a great plan for your healing journey:
Quote from: Halverson on December 26, 2023, 04:38:22 PMFor me, I have a lot of mental health support and my plan is to be at my best if I get to see my kids again.

Looking forward to supporting you as you share. See you out there on the boards!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Kla4

Hello, Halverson.
This is such a sad story.
My son is 5 now. My husband wants so separate me from him just by making up stories about me being unfit mother. It is absolutely not true. For all the 5 years I am a primary care provider to our child.
Reading your story makes me feel so bad. 5 years ago I thought it is not a real scenario. Now I am going through this myself. I really hope and wish you will see your kids soon.
I cannot understand why there is no law that protects mothers from abusive husbands????!!!