Happy Valentines Day to Us!

Started by LemonLime, February 13, 2024, 08:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonLime

I'm wishing us all a happy Valentine's Day.  We deserve some recognition, don't you think?

I'm going to appreciate myself for spending the past 5 years deep diving into the dysfunction of my FOO, spending hours upon hours on this wonderful forum, reading books and watching countless videos on PDs.   I have doggedly sought to understand just what the heck is going on with my uPD sib and with my parents who enabled the PD.  I did it to better myself and to avoid passing on the dysfunction to my children. 

We are working so so hard. 
Happy VD to you!!
Please add your recognition of yourself!

xredshoesx

i'm 10 kids from 200 on my roster and we are almost to break.  i'm going to spend my weekend working on the forum tax stuff for april plus doing absolutely nothing for work on my personal time!  what a great idea to recognize ourselves!!

SonofThunder

Thanks LemonLime! Happy VD day! 

I went to the grocery store later this evening to pick up some basic food stuffs. 

All the last minute men were in the card, flowers, candy and balloon section up front; they looked last minute stressed because the pickings were very slim, so the gf's and wives of these dudes are getting the leftovers. 

Im separated and solo and it was a joy once more to simply people-watch the preparation.  I treated myself to a XL size Hershey bar with almonds on the way out to pair with fresh cold honey crisp apple slices. 

Will I be my valentine?💙 Yup.

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

escapingman

Quote from: SonofThunder on February 13, 2024, 11:58:18 PMThanks LemonLime! Happy VD day! 

I went to the grocery store later this evening to pick up some basic food stuffs. 

All the last minute men were in the card, flowers, candy and balloon section up front; they looked last minute stressed because the pickings were very slim, so the gf's and wives of these dudes are getting the leftovers. 

Im separated and solo and it was a joy once more to simply people-watch the preparation.  I treated myself to a XL size Hershey bar with almonds on the way out to pair with fresh cold honey crisp apple slices. 

Will I be my valentine?💙 Yup.

SoT

:yeahthat:

I experienced the same yesterday evening, I went in to the supermarket buying the ingredients to cook myself a fresh curry. When checking out seeing the blokes walking round with their flowers and cards, that gave me time to reflect and enjoy the fact I a few years ago I would have been panicking about what to give PDx and what she would rage about being wrong. On another note, my mother has made the day all about her as she married her now husband in secrecy and not telling me until months afterwards. In the past the day was completely ignored but know she send hearts and loving messages to everyone and posts everywhere about it. I am happy to say that his year I have closed down my social media pages so I should be spared from the worst.

And Happy Valentines to all of you in here, the true friends and family. 

bloomie

I love this thread...and I am so grateful for this community.

November 2014 I washed up on the shores of Out of the FOG. I was a scared rabbit who had no idea how to navigate an online forum or what I was doing. It took me awhile to even post an intro and start a thread.
Riddled with self doubt and so broken.  :'(

Like LemonLime, I want to celebrate the hard work we are all doing. The growth that takes place, sometimes so subtly we don't realize it until faced with something or someone that would've put us down in years past and we find we handle it with dignity, grace, and strength!

This recovery journey is like learning a new language, a retraining our hearts and minds which flows into maturity and please, I can only hope and pray, wisdom and health.

Have a wonderful day today dear Out of the FOG community! I don't know where I would be without you all and if I could I would drop a valentine in each of your hands today! ❤️

The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

moglow

May your VD be PD performance free, everyone!! :grouphug:

[I got a text from md this morning, complete with a plethora of emojis. She tries occasionally, but at this point it does fall rather flat. :upsidedown: ]
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

losingmyself

I am late!! Not unlike me at all
My Valentines day was filled with sending love to my kids and my family.  I was truly happy, as I didn't have to pretend to love a person that I didn't!
I sat in quiet contemplation of the peace that surrounded me, and I was happy!
Thanks to my friends here at Out of the FOG, and happy Valentines day to people who I love ❤️

Associate of Daniel

Several years ago I was out at a really nice cafe with my mum.  As we were leaving I had the idea to book a table for 2 for the following Valentine's Day and see if God would drop a man into my lap during the months leading up to the day.  I didn't book.  No man was dropped into my lap, nor has been in the years since.

I often remember the thought I had on that day.  There are two reasons I don't book a table.  One:  The chances of me discovering a man to take to a Valentine's date on any year are slim to none, and I don't want to be the cause of a small business missing out on a paying customer. Two:  I actually prefer being on my own at home, snuggled up with a romance book (or Hallmark movie) and a block of chocolate that I don't have to share. Far less complicated and far cheaper!

Plus, my birthday is the day before so I'm usually a bit peopled out by the 14th!

I hope you all had a lovely day.

AOD