Stalking/ Smearing/ Exposing

Started by Invisiblewoman, March 28, 2024, 09:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invisiblewoman

Maybe it isn't stalking but when I pull up an actual description of what criminal harassment is, it literally defines my experience.

The Canadian definition of Criminal harassment is as follows:

This section states that no person can engage in conduct referred to in subsection (2) that causes another person to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone else known to them, without lawful authority and knowing that the other person is being harassed, or recklessly as to whether the other person is harassed.

Subsection (2) of section 264 outlines the conduct that can amount to criminal harassment, which includes repeatedly following a person, engaging in threatening behaviour, watching or besetting their place of work, home or other places they frequent, or communicating with them or anyone known to them in a manner that causes them to fear for their safety.

In order for a person to be found guilty of criminal harassment under section 264(1), it must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they engaged in the prohibited conduct intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly, and that their conduct caused the other person to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone known to them. The Crown must also prove that the accused had no lawful authority to engage in the conduct alleged. Examples of conduct that can result in a charge of criminal harassment include repeatedly following an ex-partner, sending threatening messages or letters, or vandalizing their property.

My experiences

- being informed that they might give out my address to someone who has physically harmed me in the past, in an ill perceived way to "correct" or control me over some imagined wrong doing. Then becoming enraged, and using this interaction to defame my character further down the road. Trying to gain access to you in a personal way that is extremely harmful and toxic.

- threatening to expose private conversations for merely disagreeing with them in a polite way.

-trying to force psychiatric care to control you. Attacking your credibility through labelling you with a serious mental issue while creating a toxic environment that is such that it makes you look crazy.

-saying things to deliberately incite others to attack you, even with physical violence.

-telling the most embarrassing secrets or what they claim as "bad behaviour," in the most vile and hateful way, that only seems to attract types who are vile and hateful and who will do their bidding.

-stalking you through exes. Using stalking as a primary means of controlling you while refusing direct communication over pressing matters that need to be discussed. Avoiding all direct communication while trying to catch you off guard with intel they gathered on you. Extreme immaturity when confronted directly, but will go on a power trip by gathering intel while they tell everyone and anyone whatever pre-crime you've committed.

-threats of legal action when trying to have normal adult conversations. Doing anything to derail a mature conversation

-exposing sexual rumours about you in such a way that it puts you in harms way, and sets you up for exploitation or abuse by others (not my family but a friend did this once)

- making veiled threats that they have exposed you to your community ("everyone knows this about you")

-threatening to expose you to third parties  if you question them on information they gave you.

Cascade

That sounds awful. I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

Invisiblewoman

Quote from: Cascade on April 11, 2024, 10:30:19 PMThat sounds awful. I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

I'm away from it now. The most recent issues were with a relative who said she tried to give out my address and then threatened to expose me if I questioned any of her actions.

MaxedOut

Yes, that certainly sounds like harassment, with our without the criminal code shown. I hope you are documenting things and looping potential corroborating people you trust in on events.

Tookblametokeepthepeace

Hi Invisible woman, I'm glad you are out of the situation.

Invisiblewoman

I think what was interesting to me, and what should be a red flag to anyone in any type of relationship is if someone constantly is going behind your back to "build a case" against you, and seems to do it just to maintain a level of turmoil, or isolation for you, run. Run far, far away.

My aunt literally freaked out when I mockingly said I would disown her, if she gave out my address. My tone was totally facetious, and she approached me with "what would you think if I gave your address to your nmom?" Like lady you called her a toxic narcissist why are you even suggesting that? I laughed because I thought it was weird and it was just none of her business to give out my address. It wasn't over something I had done wrong, although she wanted it to be, and pretty much made it up in her mind, I deserved my mother's aggressive behaviour because in her mind, that was the only way to control me.

She was totally enraged I wasn't on board with that and used my reaction as an abusive threat of abandonment towards her. This lady screamed at me, and made me feel horrible at times but yet the moment I react to her manipulation with boundaries, I'm an evil abuser coming to abandon her. What does she think giving out my address without consulting with me is?

That busy body need to report on every little thing I do and frame it under a negative light, while saying she will do as she pleases with my personal information, especially if I am wrong about something (in her eyes) is hella sus.