2024 goal, focusing on my own goals more!

Started by JollyJazz, April 09, 2024, 01:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JollyJazz

Hi All,

One thing I've been thinking about lately is that growing up in the FOO, I feel like I developed a sense of feeling 'secondary', like an 'extra', if that makes sense.

I've achieved quite a few goals in my life, but I want to focus on some more.

An Uber goal is to just focus on myself and my own goals more!

I still want to set aside time for healing etc. but I don't want to just focus too much on the past etc if that makes sense(?).

I'm trying to find an appropriate balance between healing and focusing on myself, caring for myself and achieving my goals!  :)

bloomie

JollyJazz - your goals of balance and focused healing and self care sound wonderful! Seems like you are ready!!!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

SonofThunder

Quote from: bloomie on April 11, 2024, 01:41:25 PMJollyJazz - your goals of balance and focused healing and self care sound wonderful! Seems like you are ready!!!

:yeahthat: +1

JollyJazz, in my own life I was not able to "..just focus on myself and my own goals more" until I truly understood life with my FOO and it reads as if you have a great understanding of your past.  I wish you the best as you focus on your future! 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

JollyJazz

Hi Bloomie and SonofThunder,

Thank you both for your warm words!

Yes, I think as survivors of PD abuse we often had to be reactive and so proactively taking control of things is good for me!

SonofThunder

Quote from: JollyJazz on April 12, 2024, 01:50:55 AMHi Bloomie and SonofThunder,

Thank you both for your warm words!

Yes, I think as survivors of PD abuse we often had to be reactive and so proactively taking control of things is good for me!
 :like:
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

SeaBreeze

QuoteI'm trying to find an appropriate balance between healing and focusing on myself, caring for myself and achieving my goals!

That in itself sounds like a good goal. I'm working on similar right now. Still healing but also ready to move forward. Last year, I achieved my goals of leaving stbx, finding a new job, and setting up a new home, which took a lot of focus and energy for the few years before and then during. I've realized, I need some new post-PD goals! Still trying to figure those out. Kudos as you explore and set some exciting new goals for yourself!

JollyJazz

Aww, thank you so much Seabreeze,it sounds like you have done terrifically well. Best wishes for your future goals also!  :)