One year since divorce was final

Started by escapingman, April 09, 2024, 12:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

escapingman

One year! WOW!

If anyone would have told me I would be divorced and NC with uNODxw 5 years ago I would have laughed at them. No way did I think I could break free. But I am free. I AM SO FREE! I am living my best life, I could never imagine life could be this good. I have cut my contact with FOO to bare minimum which also helped immensely. I think I can thank uNPDxw for opening my eyes about not only her but also FOO and my relation with them.

To everybody still in a relationship with a PD, my advice is: GET THE HELL OUT! Life is SOOOOOOOOOO good on the other side.

SeaBreeze

Congrats on your milestone, EM! Your journey has been interesting and inspiring to read here on the boards. You've definitely come a long way. Isn't it amazing how much can dramatically change for us when we finally set plans into action?? I'm not divorced (yet), but recently celebrated one year out since leaving stbx last spring. (Or, as you put, got the hell out!) Here's to year 2 for each of us!  :waveline: 

square

Happy Freedom Anniversary! I hope to join you by end of year and find out how much of a load off it is, and how to find oneself again.

SonofThunder

Congrats EM!  I'm so happy for you!  Thanks for dropping in with the encouraging report! 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Rebel13

Congratulations and enjoy your freedom!
"Sometimes you gotta choose what's safest and least painful for you and let other people tell the stories that they need to tell about why you did it." ~ Captain Awkward

losingmyself

Congratulations EM!! I am almost a year out, also, and I totally relate to what you're saying!!
Life is good!  ;D

escapingman

Thanks for your messages.

Not in a million years could I think life could be this good. Yes I have dips, some days or moments are hard, but overall everything gets better every day.

Lookin 2 B Free

That's wonderful, EM!  I was still struggling with wanting to go back at just a year out (but not any more), so I'm happy to hear you're doing so well.  Lowering contact with FOO helps so much, too!  Thanks for sharing your journey.