I said 'no' to someone and feel great about it

Started by JollyJazz, April 18, 2024, 08:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JollyJazz

Hi All,

I said 'no' to someone / an acquaintance about something they were doing that is making me feel uncomfortable.

I feel great about it.

Basically this is a person that has been, in some ways nice in the past, but that I've decided to get distance from. I strongly suspect this person might have some PD traits.

In the past they've been very envious of me in a way that I've felt I need to keep myself small around them. On top of that I felt like they were kind of aggressively intruding on me/ social media stalking etc.

Anyway, I felt like it wasn't healthy so I decided to gently get as much distance as I could. This person has contacted me again, and this time I'm feeling a lot more confident than I once was, and I've just told them 'no'. Feels wonderful!

Rebel13

Oh congratulations, it's a great feeling, isn't it?   :git:  :fireworks:
"Sometimes you gotta choose what's safest and least painful for you and let other people tell the stories that they need to tell about why you did it." ~ Captain Awkward

bloomie

The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Invisiblewoman

Congrats 🎉

Once you learn to set those boundaries you'll feel better.

SonofThunder

Another big congrats from me! Well done and soak up the joy! 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.