INTRODUCTION

Started by Angela Davis, April 20, 2024, 10:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angela Davis

Hello,

I'm grateful for this resource. I was getting lost in podcasts and stuff, being so weary that I'm now 40 and back at home again, with parents are that just not understand my complex trauma or wanting to. I am school online for graphic arts and the shame has got me into a freeze this semester - it's been confusing and sad to explain how I used to have a trauma therapist, got diagnosed, had some situations and my family was there to help me. But it's not helpful when I'm frozen.

My mom has PD and I get accused of upsetting it when my intense moods, oftentimes when I can't control it. I'm in this state of being accepting now that I should not put gasoline on that mess, but rather put energy on things like new tools. It's a step.

notrightinthehead

Welcome Angela! I am glad you found us. Read around on the boards, the personality disorders tab and the Toolbox while you settle in.
See you around on the boards!
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

xredshoesx

welcome to the group

I hope you find the resources here helpful as you navigate living back with your parents as an adult- which is a difficult proposition even in the BEST of family situations.  I too had to return to a PD/uPD family situation and it was like being on eggshells daily until I got myself situated somewhere safer.  even on the best day both my biological mother and her parents had to make sure they found at least one way to throw my failures/shortcomings in my face- which made NO sense seeing as my mother had been living rent free with her parents since her last marriage broke up when I was in HS......

I hope the tools here can help you get the focus you need to get your degree and move forward with YOUR life. we're listening when you are ready to share more