Thank you for all your help (second introduction)

Started by 3n2with2outs, July 03, 2022, 11:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3n2with2outs

Hello all.  I lurked here for over a year before posting my first introduction in November 2017.  Then I lurked some more without posting much.  Then my uBPD dad died in November 2021.  Now I'm reintroducing myself so that I can describe how the community here was the most helpful to me of any source by far.  Here's why: 
1.  The subforums here are divided by type of person you are dealing with.  Other forums just lump spouses in with parents, adult children, roommates, classmates, etc.  This forum recognizes that advice needs to be customized to an extent.
2.  Posters here display empathy for people who are not married or in an important romantic partnership. On other forums, if a poster does not mention a spouse or important romantic partner, zero people respond.   
3.  Posters' writing styles here tend to be clear, crisp, and focused.  I understand that people in crisis will ramble ,and others lacked educational opportunities.  It is all the more impressive that the posts here overcome that. 
Above all, I am immensely grateful to this forum.  I would like to respond to others' posts, and maybe even post about my own follow-up issue.  Thank you all so much.

Spring Butterfly

Welcome back and I'm glad the forum has been so very supportive. I've also found the community here so supportive and kind. I'm not sure how you feel with your dad dying. Some find relief, others grieve an odd grieving at lost hope of closure. I wish you peace and healing whatever that looks like for you at this time. We have a new forum for "After the Funeral" and I hope you find that helpful also.
https://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?board=59.0
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing