"The places that scare you: a guide to fearlessness in difficult times"

Started by Frankie, January 04, 2013, 11:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie

The places that scare you: a guide to fearlessness in difficult times by Pema Chodron.
ISBN 978-1590302651

This is a fabulous working/understanding yourself book.  I cherish/savor every word of it.  Pema is an American Buddhist nun and wow is she fantastic.
She has written several works. 

What I like about it is that she teaches me self-compassion. (novel idea huh?) Yep it's all about understanding me.  Pema has the ability to take esoteric buddhist teachings and give common senses easily understood Western type explanations.  I borrowed the book from the library and kept renewing it so much I just decided to buy it.  I want to highlight ALL her insights.

I really recommend this title for anyone who is looking to understand why you react inappropriately.  Where does that come from?  Well Pema explains it.

kayjewel

I love Pema Chodron's work. It has been so helpful to me over the years. I have almost all of her books on CD and have listened to them repeatedly.

Klarity Belle

Pema Chodron is at the top of my list to read next. I will make this book my first of hers. A lady who practices mindfulness with me who suffers with Bi Polar has recommended her works to me several times. I cannot keep ignoring the 'messages'! Thanks for sharing ladies  :yes:

Mags

I have a number of Pema Chodron books, and find them a comfort and helpful. I tend to dip into them rather than read them cover to cover. I will read a few chapters at a time on occasion, and regardless of how you read her work, it is well worth it.