Dealing with Pandemic and Structure

Started by SaltwareS, July 09, 2020, 11:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltwareS

Is anyone having a hard time with how much of our society's structures are in flux during the pandemic?

I joined a few efforts in my neighborhood and city that I can't give too much detail about here. But each are efforts to bring the virus to a conclusion as well as keeping a sense of normalcy going.

The chaos reminds me so much of dealing with npd family members. I couldn't do too many activities because I had to really hold onto _reality_ when I lived in a household full of people who warp it into "reality".

notrightinthehead

I am concerned. Panem et circenses - bread and games - with in the wealthier nations only the entertainment having been taken away from us so far but a significant drop in welfare is on the horizon. I believe this will lead to volatile situations in many more places. It might also bring forth some charismatic narcissistic 'leaders' who promise to be able to fix all. And followers who are only too keen to believe unrealistic promises.
I believe that people like us, who are self aware and had the misfortune to have to deal with gas lighting, FOG, emotional blackmail are in a good position to see through such manipulations of the truth. We can remain a voice of reason. We can also practise all the tools from the toolbox and use this chaos to grow personally and role model healthy behaviour for others.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.