Personal New Years' Eve traditions

Started by Associate of Daniel, December 20, 2022, 01:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Associate of Daniel

Do, new years' eve approaches.

A couple of years ago I inadvertently began a new tradition for myself.

I'm always on my own on new years' eve.  I'm ok with it, don't worry.  But what I don't like is that my neighbours next door like to make a heap of noise at midnight - sirens, car horns, crackers, shouting etc.  I hate it.  It's so loud. 

The good thing is that they usually only do it for about 10 minutes.  Then they pack everything up and head inside for bed.  Weird.

So, I've taken to leaving my house at about 11.45pm and heading down to the local McDonald's drive through, buying myself a McFlurry, and driving out into a rural area about 15 minutes drive away.  I sit in the dark on the side of the road, surrounded by paddocks and their cows, listening to Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture on the radio and eating my ice cream.  I wait until about 12.20 and then head home to a silent street and go to bed.  Lovely.

I've decided this year I'll change it up a bit.  Instead of a McFlurry, I'll buy a Magnum ice cream.  :aaauuugh:

Who's with me?

AOD

1footouttadefog

Late to this but it's not NYE yet.

Sounds great.  I often make a cheese cake or something.  This past couple of years an online community I participate in and meet up with folks IRL at camps occasionally have had group messenger calls on NYE.  Even some of those in the midst of parties will take a moment out to check in when the phones sound the messenger ring tone.  My H does not do holidays well and I don't like to be on the streets with drunk drivers so We are usually home. 

It's cool thst you have your own way of celebrating.  I like cows.