Driving slow or fast when...

Started by Cascade, June 06, 2019, 05:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cascade

My husband tends to drive slow when we are on the verge of being late and fast when we are early. Is this a common thing among PD people? I try not to let my frustration show because I know it will only get worse if I do.

Call Me Cordelia

I'd be more worried about your safety than your timing. It's not uncommon for pwPD to have road rage. This sounds at minimum passive-aggressive, and getting behind the wheel angry is never a good thing.

My uNF had/has major issues with bad behavior while driving, and put us in danger on a regular basis.

Jsinjin

I understand exactly what you mean!   My uOCPDW moves in slow motion anytime we are late for something.    That's the time to check the tire pressure or wiper fluid and food every known traffic rule.   I think it's a control thing.   My thought is since the hurry is forcing her to behave in a certain way she counters to prove to herself she is in control by following all of the rules.    The converse is that she flips it and drives fast if there isn't a need

Strange but I observe the same behaviors in my spouse.

Jss
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

Boat Babe

One of the final nails in the coffin of the relationship with uPDbf was a terrifying drive through country Lanes on the way to a funeral (we got lost and were late).   Had we met a car coming the other way, we'd all be dead. I was too afraid to ask him to slow down. Madness
It gets better. It has to.

Cascade

Thankfully I am not dealing with dangerous driving with my PD, as I know some of you have had to deal with. My husband isn't always a considerate driver with others on the road and he complains a lot about other drivers but he doesn't do dangerous things.