1st Anniversary

Started by Mitchy, March 12, 2021, 04:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitchy

This weekend marks the 1st anniversary of the divorce from my PD. While it's still struggle at times, I still feel so much better than I have in years! I'm dreading this weekend some, because he doesn't do well with anniversaries. But, the difference is, I don't have to put up with it any longer. If he starts acting out, I can refuse to see him or talk to him. I still have such a long way to go, but the future is looking  brighter than it has in so long. I have to find a safe way to celebrate until I am fully vaccinated.  :cheers:

pushit

Congratulations!!  It truly gets better every day.

Bunnyme

What a great feeling that must be!  :party:
Thank you for sharing.  It helps go keep the light at the end of the tunnel in focus.

Fae Greenwood

Quote from: Mitchy on March 12, 2021, 04:07:09 PM
But, the difference is, I don't have to put up with it any longer. If he starts acting out, I can refuse to see him or talk to him.

:party:
I have to remind myself constantly that I am responsible for my choices but not the choices of anyone else.

When we have a child, we give a hostage to fortune and to the other parent.

I may not respond as I have to sneak onto this site and more than a quick view is challenging.

ploughthrough2021

Thanks for sharing that. I am still stuck on the other side and dying to get out