Am I The Narcissist?

Started by mindcirkus, August 16, 2020, 12:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindcirkus

Been at this a long time, and I still come across gems like this.At one point or another most of us ask this question. Ross Rosenberg gives a terrific insight. He used to get people at his seminars come up to him and ask, "am I the narcissist?" He thought it was odd. A narcissist would NEVER ask this question, only a codependent would ask this. Narcissists don't have the self awareness or empathy to give a shit. They also are convinced they are perfect, and not to blame for anything. A codependent, however, would always be concerned with this for many reasons. Take away; if you ask the question, you cannot be!

Poison Ivy

Thank you for sharing this, mindcirkus.

Bunnyme

Thanks for sharing this perspective

Kat54

Sometimes I would wonder am I a narcissist, or somehow to blame for the blow up of my marriage. True though, if I'm even asking that question.

ToAudrey

Thank you for this. When I set boundaries or consider myself at all I start to ask myself this.

lifebalance

This is a very simple and easy to understand perspective. One I needed to hear. I hear accusations constantly from my wife which feel like projections, but they wear me down and get in my head. I start questioning if I'm fooling myself into thinking she's the one projecting her issues on me and not vice-versa. Thank you for sharing!

Jsinjin

I wonder all the time if I have a PD and her behavior is normal.   My counselors and therapists say absolutely not but I still think it
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli