I'm a free woman!

Started by Bunnyme1, February 04, 2022, 06:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnyme1

I know I'm probably "supposed" to feel sad, or at least post how bittersweet it is...but, I unapologetically feel great.  Yes, my emotions may change.  I feel like I grieved the marriage I thought I had and the idea of the kids having a two-parent home for the past two years (if not, longer), and I'm tired of his choices making me feel sad.  Decree was signed today.
Such a weight has been lifted.  I'm sure he will pull something else down the line, and I'm going to have to continue to deal with him for the kids, but for today...I'm so happy to drop the stb and just say BPDNex

Poison Ivy

hhaw

::doing the Snoopie dance!!!::..

I'm so happy for you, Bunny!

You did it!

hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

notrightinthehead

enjoy this blissful moment!
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Boat Babe

Good news. Nothing like freedom!
It gets better. It has to.

SonofThunder

A huge congrats on your new success and freedom, and a tip of my hat to your strength and perseverance!

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

GentleSoul

Bunnyme1

He already canceled his visit this weekend.  Car trouble.   :roll:  This makes 4 out of the last 5.  And a FB post about how much he misses his kids...if only he were allowed to see them.  Makes me mad, yes, but reinforces the joy I feel about no longer being married to him. 

hhaw

Bunny:

How are your children dealing with their father cancelling visitation?

hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Stillirise

:yourock:

It's ok to feel however you feel. I also felt pretty happy, and relieved, when it was finally done.  I'd done the grieving beforehand.  Celebrate and appreciate the highs when they come, because as you already know first-hand, co-parenting with a PD will also bring the lows!

You're doing a great job standing in the gap for your children.  As tough as it is for them, they will learn to accept the reality of what their F is capable of, and not.  When they are older, they will be able to understand that it wasn't you preventing him from seeing them, even if that's what he says.
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.
—Maya Angelou

Bunnyme1

Quote from: hhaw on February 05, 2022, 01:44:37 PM
Bunny:

How are your children dealing with their father cancelling visitation?

They are fine, which is why I let it go.  Unfortunately, they have come to expect it.  As my own therapist says, it is ok to be mad that they aren't getting what they deserve, but they are accustomed to what they are getting and may forever be fine having that sort of relationship with him.  I can't will him into giving them what they need.

Lauren17

Congratulations!
Enjoy this time of relief and freedom. You've worked hard for it.
:uhhuh:
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

Joga

Bunnyme, So pleased for you. Enjoy your peace! Enjoy your children! I'm glad they aren't taking it hard when he cancels.
The best time to leave your PD significant other was after the first date. The second best time is now.

JustKeepTrying

So happy for you!  Sorry he is still being a jerk but so happy you will have some peace.

Happytobefree

escapingman

Amazing Bunny, congratulations!

I am a bit behind you but I can really relate to the part about grieving. I have been grieving and cried a lot the last year realising the future I thought I would have with my wife is just a fantasy. It's so wonderful to see people coming out on the other end, I can't wait to have all my sh*t behind and start living my life again.

Thanks for your inspiring post.