Hello everybody

Started by T08, February 07, 2019, 03:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T08

3 weeks ago I had no idea about emotional abuse and personality disorders, now I'm separated from my husband who's an army combat veteran, diagnosed PTSD, TBI and depression and maybe narcissistic personality.
I'm having a hard time right now dealing with the separation and with a newborn son so I'm looking for info, support and share experiences. I've been reading some threads and I think this is a supportive and kind community and I want to thank everyone in advance for your help.

xredshoesx

welcome to the forum,

i'm so sorry you are dealing with having a new little one but also the challenges and heartbreak of being in a relationship with someone who may be uPD/PD.  i hope you have some support as you get used to the new normal of having a newborn and are trying to navigate everything else going on with husband. 

if you haven't already checked out some of the forums, i think the separating/ divorcing and co-parenting forums may be good places to start.  common behaviors also has some helpful discussions about what people have experienced with their PD/uPD person.

Chosen Relationships

Separating and Divorcing

Co-parenting and Secondary Relationships

the toolbox can also give you some practical coping strategies when you are dealing face to face-  especially the medium chill and boundaries articles-

Toolbox     

we're here when you are ready to share more, hope to see you on the boards soon-

T08

Thank you very much for the tips, really appreciate it.:)

coyote

TO8 welcome to Out of the FOG,
The Toolbox has been an invaluable resource for me over time. Setting Boundaries, no JADE, no Circular Conversations, (usually brought on by JADEing), Medium Chill and Grey Rock, and the 3C's are just a few of the Tools I was happy to find. I'm sorry you need us but glad you found us.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you won't feel harmed. Don't feel harmed and you haven't been. -Marcus Aurelius