About This Forum - Read This First!

Started by Aames, December 22, 2012, 08:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aames

Do you have a book recommendation?   Something that touched you, helped you to understand your self, your loved one or certain relationship dynamics?  Maybe you have a "must read" that gave you valuable insights and tools that have assisted you on your own journey into recovery from your disordered relationship?

We're interested in what you're reading!

Please use this section to tell us what you think about books you've read having to do with personality disorders,  disordered relationships, and recovery tools for the Non PD.

Guidelines: 

Follow the board guidelines when writing your reviews.

All book reviews should be original - we want to know what you think, in your own words, not someone else's.

Reviewers have been sometimes accused of not reading the works that they are reviewing:  Please don't try to review a book that you haven't actually read.                                                           

Be honest.  If you like a book - tell us why it speaks to you.   If don't like a book, tell us why - but please don't use this forum to  flame the author or use derogatory language to pan content you don't agree with.

Provide the full title of the book,  who wrote it,  the publisher and year of publication, and the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) if you can locate it.   That will help us (and other members)  find a book, if it isn't already available in the Out of the FOG bookstore.

Submit only one book review per thread. If you want to talk about more than one book please start another thread.

Don't use this forum to post reviews about other media - e.g.web sites, movies, etc. This forum is for books only.

No outside links.  If the book meets our requirements, we'll add it to the Out of the FOG Bookstore, to make it easier for members to find and purchase.

For Authors:
Don't use this forum to try to sell your own books, salt the forum with fake reviews or send people here just to write a review of a book you're trying to sell.  Any salting / fake reviews will be removed immediately.
"Don't ever offer up facts for consideration where small minds and angry villagers are concerned. They don't like having their myths busted or their war-parties interrupted."

moglow

Hello, everyone!  :wave:

I just wanted to let y'all know that I'll be working as your resident librarian here in the Book Reviews section.  I didn't want you to wonder when you see that I've edited some of your posts - what I'll be doing is adding the poll function when a member recommends a book so other members can provide their input on the books suggested, as well as links directly to our Amazon Bookstore to provide ease of purchasing [so Out of the FOG receives a percentage of purchases made there].  We really encourage your honest thoughts on the book suggestions, whether positive or not so much. 

I look forward to your input, and please, if there's anything you see that needs doing in here, let me know!

Wishing you peace and happy reading ~
moglow
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish