About This Forum:

Started by moglow, October 12, 2007, 08:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moglow

**** Points of Interest for Co-Parents and Non-Nons ****

This section is primarily for those who need to co-parent with someone suffering from a personality disorder, whether they're still married, divorced, or the significant other of someone who is separated (we call those in the latter camp "Non-Nons").

We know how difficult it can be to present a united front with someone who behaves irrationally and doesn't want his/her authority questioned in any way. Share and commiserate, and hopefully discover techniques to help you do what's best for everyone involved, most importantly the children.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

Latchkey

The co-parenting aspect to this board is essentially about "parenting". Both step and bio parents dealing with a PD parent have similar issues. Over the many years we have had this forum the step and bio parents have worked together to better parent these children who are unfortunately caught in a bad situation. Many of the parents here, myself included, are both Step and Bio parents with PD exes on both sides. Some of us only have 1 PD parent in the mix. For others, not only do they have a PD parent, but also PD grandparents on either side. Still others have children which may or may not have behavioral issues or developing a PD themselves. None of this is easy and most of it is very confusing and messy to deal with. We have people coming here from all over the world. Different traditions, legal systems. Some are terrified for their children or step children. Many of us have dealt with or are dealing with other agencies involved in their life like DCFS or the courts and the dictates of parenting coordinators. The struggles are real and none of us can really walk in others shoes, only try to advise and listen and help eachother as best as we can.

Below are some topics that may be of interest to people posting here from the site:

Put Children First
Talking to Kids about PD's
Parental Alienation Syndrome
Separating and Divorcing and Co-Parenting Links
What is your plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver
-
I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.