"Choosing ME before WE--Every Woman's Guide to Life and Love"

Started by puff, September 22, 2013, 04:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puff

I bought the book "Choosing ME before WE--Every Woman's Guide to Life and Love" to give to my niece because I am very concerned that she is making decisions that could play out on Out of the FOG one day in the future.  She turned 18 in July and moved in with her boyfriend (26 years old), and then he gave her an engagement ring a week ago.  Just 4 months ago her greatest concern was what she was going to wear to her high school graduation ceremony...and now she is engaged.  :stars:  She is throwing away her youth before she has even discovered who she is as a human being.  Sooo...I decided to read this book before giving it to her and was astonished at how helpful this book is for recognizing some of the mistakes I made in my own life and how I ended up in a dysfunctional, codependent relationship to a PD man.  Good book for women of all ages!

Klarity Belle

Thanks for sharing info about this book Victorious. I hope it is helpful in guiding your niece, though youth sometimes have to learn the hard way, as many of us here did. It's not easy for you and her loved ones to watch if she does choose the hard way though.  :P She is fortunate to have such care and support around her.

I have a younger friend in her 30's who is just out of a relationship with a very toxic man, I think I will treat her to this book.