Is my mom faking diseases? I am far away.

Started by jgagnon, December 26, 2016, 09:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgagnon

I came across this forum while googling "Can my mom lie to me about a cancer?" I'd like to tell my story to see if anyone can believe me, or if anyone can help me understand. Thank you so much! xx

xredshoesx

welcome to the forum-

many of us here with PD/ uPD parents have experienced a parent faking or exaggerating an illness in an attempt to manipulate a situation to their advantage.

do you think your mother may have a personality disorder?  i ask because Out of the FOG is a community that has been designed to support those who love someone with a PD/ uPD.  we can't diagnose of course, we are just a community of peers on the road together to try and understand how PD affects our lives and our relationships with the PD/ uPD person that brought us here looking for answers.

if you are not sure, a good place to start reading and researching may be the traits page

Top 100 Traits     

after that, the disorders page may be helpful

Disorders   

please feel free to share more when you are ready-

GettingOOTF

Welcome. Many of us here have dealt with "unbelievable" situations so I'm sure you will find support here.

There are plenty of stories in the news of people who pretended to have cancer to scam free trips, cash, furniture. Some of them manage to fool thousands of people. Many of them go to what most would consider extremes to keep up their ruse and people are always shocked when the ruse is uncovered.

This board is full of peole who have been in all sorts of situations so the default here is really to believe and support the poster, not to judge and doubt so please post what ever you feel you need to. We are here to listen and share our experiences where we can.