Good articles on going NC with narcissistic family and the smear campaign

Started by gettingstronger1, November 30, 2019, 01:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gettingstronger1

One of the most helpful parts of my healing journey of recovery from my narcissistic family of origin has been reading articles and books.  The psychology articles have really helped to educate me about my family of origin and how to deal with them appropriately.  The same information was helpful in dealing with my uNPD MIL.  I ran across an article and YouTube video on dealing with going NC with your FOO and the smear campaign that results.  Going NC and the resulting smear campaign is a very painful process to deal with and come to terms with.  I hope this information is as helpful to you as it is to me.

The first article is called "No Contact! The scapegoat walks away."  The author of this article has obviously gone through NC and the resulting smear campaign with her FOO.  She has a very good grasp of how devastating this is and how dark the days can be for awhile until you get further along in your recovery.  She talks about the devastation of the smear campaign by the very people who are supposed to love you.  In the end you can emerge a stronger happier person free from narcissistic parental abuse.  It's a great article.

http://parenting.exposed/no-contact-when-the-scapegoat-walks-away/

The video is by Kris Godinez.  She does many different helpful videos.  This is a quick video on how to deal with smear campaigns.  She explains how to handle the smear campaign and why narcissists smear their victims.  Kris gets it and she understands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q__tvKv-wog

GettingOOTF

That was an interesting read. Thanks for posting.

QuoteThe scapegoat walks forward into the sunshine, and creates the best life they have ever had, and leaves behind them a war zone where everybody in the family unit continues to fight, bully, goad and provoke one another.

I have found this to be true for me. As well as the sense of freedom the article describes. It's like a huge weight was lifted and I am now free to be who I really am, not who my FOO made me out to be.

Hattie

Interesting. I am not NC with my FOO. But I was really hurt by their lack of support when I left my two recent NPD ex-boyfriends. This article makes me wonder if that is because I am stepping out of the scapegoat role and that is intimidating to the FOO.
Love is patient; love is kind.
It does not envy; it does not boast.
It is not proud. It does not dishonour others.
It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

1 Corinthians 13: 5-8.

JustKat

Thank you so much for sharing this article. It describes absolutely everything I experienced after going NC and was incredibly validating. Excellent read!

Adria

Thank you so much for this article.  One of the best I've read at explaining these situations.  I'm thinking of sending it to a long lost duped cousin.
For a flower to blossom, it must rise from the dirt.