AJ Mahari therapy via skype

Started by blahblah, March 23, 2020, 02:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blahblah

Just wanted to tell you about AJ Mahari. I'm sure many of you have seen her videos on youtube.
She has had borderline herself and was cured for it in 1995.
She has also been in a relationship with another borderline.
She is knowledgeble about many types of personality disorders along with all the things that come with it, in relationships.

2 nights ago we had a session via skype (me and my wife). She is super validating and you can tell that she knows how to talk to someone with bpd (my wife is not full on bpd, but still has some core issues from bpd along with avoidant personality disorder).
It was kind of weird to be doing this on skype at first (video), but quickly felt ok.

Just a recommendation.
(no, i am not affiliated with her in any way).

:)

Sequoia

I recently came across her site/articles and spent a lot of time on it. She is very inspirational and has lived through quite her own trauma. It is her site that gave me hope that maybe uBPh could seek help and work on his behavior.

I am very curious and interested to know how your experience is/will be with AJ, or any other therapists. My husband isn't aware of his PD (and i am only guessing he has it based on my T suggestion, which he meets all the criteria). I also haven't broached the topic with him and don't know how he would handle it. Was your wife aware that she has a PD, or was it something that was uncovered naturally through couples therapy?

Please keep me posted on your therapy journey and how it has changed the dynamics in your own marriage.

blahblah

Sorry for the VERY late reply, but yes she was aware at the time. We have since moved on to another couples therapist which was great. But AJ was good as well. Can recommend.

foggydude

Ive watched a tremendous amount of her content. She is really great. She gets it. She does live streams , answers questions too.

Though ive not done private work with her, I was close. Sounds amazing you got your spouse to do it. Would love to do it w my ex but not sure how that would work since we are not together, AND , what would I tell her....lets do a session with someone about BPD ?
things are not good or bad, they just are....Buddha

my religion is simple, my religion is kindness
be kind whenever possible, it is always possible

The Dalai Lama