New here Hello 😃👋🏻

Started by BriarsnPetals, September 13, 2020, 06:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BriarsnPetals

Hello  :wave:
Former family scapegoat here also the middle child.
My older sibling, the golden child was out of the country for almost 7 years for work and we went periods of months without contact.
I was in the fog most of my life but when the GC returned to "home" I suddenly realized all about our life of abuse and Narcissistic parents and grandparents.
I tried to distance myself Bc I've learned open, honest communication does not work. Our youngest sibling, the neglected one, moved away and hardly engages as well.
But since my older sibling's return, she denies our childhood, blames and shames me and yells at me for distancing myself. Now, she bullies me Bc I've tried to go no contact.
I can't trust anyone. I realized I was also picking friends who treated me terribly as well. I'm learning each day to be better but now I'm married to a victim of PD parents and I can see him treating our kids like our parents treated us. I'm afraid I'll have to divorce him. Anyways, so far reading similar stories has really helped. Any advice? My family won't let me go no contact. They literally show up or call text and harass.

notrightinthehead

Welcome! You have come to a good place, full of information and support. A good start is to read the toolbox and start applying the strategies that are suitable for your situation. See you around on the boards!
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

veritas

Welcome Briars,

Glad you found this place. Although I relatively knew myself I have found a wealth of information and support here. Coming from a person who values their alone time I can't imagine having someone just show up at your doorstep. I would be annoyed lol. I am so bad sometimes that I turn off the volume on silent on my phone so having a person just pop in would be a nightmare for me  :aaauuugh:

Been learning about the whole Golden Child and other children scenarios from here and other resources. My PD person is not the GD but more like the neglected one. His youngest sister and the youngest out of the 4, is the GD and she is a huge brat to put it mildly and nicely. Their own mother who also has PD blames a lot on her ex husband, the father but I have begun to see that the problem may have been more equally shared. I never met the man and he passed away so there is no way for me to know. But I do see how those who are the GC can do all sorts of bad things and still come out on top yet others in the family cannot. So I am sure you have to deal with the GC in your family and have had to swallow a lot to just get by. Continue to seek advice and know others understand  :wave: