Hi I'm new

Started by JackC, October 09, 2020, 06:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackC

Hi I'm new here. I joined because I'm in a troubled marriage and cannot see friends because of Coronavirus restrictions. I'm hoping that by talking on line I can get some comfort and perhaps even help others by sharing my experiences.
I have been married to my current wife for a few years. When I first met her I was recently widowed. She told me I was the best thing that had ever happened to her and made me feel that I could start my life over again. That all changed on our wedding night. Since then week by week we've drifted apart and she blames me for anything that goes wrong in her life even if she gets ill. She says my children hate her and that her life has never been as bad since we got married even though she tells me prople havr treated her badly throughout her life

blunk

Welcome. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. COVID has definitely made it more difficult to connect with others, and in many cases has increased the time that people are spending with their PD partners. I, thankfully, am divorced from my bpdxh.

I do understand being blamed for everything that goes wrong, even for things that are beyond our control. I was blamed when he got stuck at a red light, and even got blamed for things that I did in his dreams. Frustrating for sure.

If you have not yet checked them out there is a lot of great information and resources in the toolbox section of this site. There is also a lot of understanding and advice here on the boards. And sometimes it helps just to know that you're not the only one who has dealt with a particular issue.