I was called borderline

Started by treatedasworthless, December 23, 2020, 03:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treatedasworthless

Indirectly by someone who was supposed to help. It can make a person feel crazy and question their reality. It isn't the first time either.

I am actively trying to seek help, and I keep finding people who feel predatory and cause more pain. It is maddening.

I don't wish this on anyone.  :(

treatedasworthless

Oops. I realize this is in the wrong subforum. It should be in the working on us subforum.

Janeite V

I feel you. A lot of mental health professionals struggle to understand serious topics such as personality disorders, fleas and C-PTSD, and the difference between them all. Transference and counter-transference can be a huge issue as well. A bad therapist can be re-traumatizing.

We are so fortunate to have communities such as this one where survivors and thrivers can share our experiences. It's a great thing that despite the predatory practices and the gaslighting, you are continuing to work on yourself and heal. The fact that you are here asking questions proves your commitment and your spark of hope for the future. Ultimately that is the most important thing!

I am a bit unclear about the context of the borderline comment. Are you worried you suffer from it, or is it someone attempting to gaslight and project onto you?

When it comes to BPD, it's actually one of the most treatable of the personality disorders. It's also one of the most commonly misdiagnosed mental illnesses. DBT is known to be very effective in treating BPD if the sufferer is ready and willing. Sadly, though, a lot of mental health professionals will refuse to work with BPD patients for fear of things like lawsuits, and thus they tend to be passed from one professional to another. For someone with BPD in particular, that would be very triggering.