My time is worth nothing to her

Started by Sneezy, January 12, 2021, 11:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sneezy

Quote from: Dandelion on March 28, 2021, 08:35:19 AM
PS if the taxes don't get done they don't get done
Oh she got her taxes done and filed.  No surprise there.  I refused to do it and held firm.  She gave it her best shot and there was a good deal of pouting.  But in the end, a friend in her building took her and they went to H&R Block together and both got their taxes done and then went out to lunch and had a perfectly nice day out together.  She is capable of doing most things for herself.  And it's good for her to run her own life.  It's not as dramatic of course, which is what she really wants.  But I just don't have time (for the drama or to do her taxes).

1footouttadefog

I have a friend who is the family caretaker. Her parents and siblings constantly call her for help with things that they can get done other ways. She gets in a tizzie.  She will call all over whelmed and I reminder her that it's not true emergency and they are being selfish to call when they have other options but don't want to bother or do t want the E pence.
She is a single mom with 4kids climbing out of poverty after a bad marriage to an abuser, and even the extra car ride and gas money to drive two hours away causes side effects in her life.

When she holds form they always find another solution.  They are never available to her.

Sneezy

Quote from: 1footouttadefog on June 23, 2021, 09:19:02 AM
When she holds form they always find another solution. 
Very true - where there's a will, there's a way, right?  Mom was livid with me earlier this week because I wouldn't take her to Target (I had to get to work, plus I refuse to enable her hoarding, but that's another story).  Guess where she went the very next day?  Out to lunch and to Target with a friend.  So she got her shopping fix just fine without me.  They always find a way.