Three years out

Started by Hattie, March 02, 2021, 08:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hattie

A couple of weeks ago, I hit my 3 year anniversary of freedom! I spent the day attending a Zoom workshop for women pursuing fertility treatment on their own (I have been freezing my eggs). It was massively empowering and brilliant.

The last 2 years I got really upset on the day but this year I didn't at all. Moving on I guess!

I still struggle with CPTSD and being attracted to narcissists. My life is so much better though. There is life on the other side!
Love is patient; love is kind.
It does not envy; it does not boast.
It is not proud. It does not dishonour others.
It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

1 Corinthians 13: 5-8.

Boat Babe

That's such good news. So pleased for you. ❤️
It gets better. It has to.

Palepinkpeony

That's so awesome Hattie! I am over 3 years out also, and find myself attracted to covert N's. I wonder why/how this happens??

Hattie

I think it is because my mum is a covert narc, so it has patterned my attachment style. I am doing a LOT of therapy so hoping to change this over time. It doesn't happen overnight though realistically
Love is patient; love is kind.
It does not envy; it does not boast.
It is not proud. It does not dishonour others.
It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

1 Corinthians 13: 5-8.

Blackbird11

Congratulations happy anniversary!!!

2nice

hey Hattie!!! i keep checking back here too. to encourage others and also as a veteran who can see how far she has come. i'm glad we both stuck with it!! how the days turned into weeks away from the ex which turned into months and now years. head held high. the fear of leaving is soon replaced by the ease of life without fire and brimstone on a daily basis. yay for us xx