New Here...

Started by A.G., March 04, 2021, 01:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.G.

Hi! I'm new to this site. I've been actively involved in a forum on another site for quite awhile though. I've been married for over 11 years to a woman who has strong Borderline Personality Disorder traits (and who's mother has strong narcissistic/histrionic traits). My wife knows that I've suspected this as she read some messages in my phone a few years ago where I was confiding in some close friends and family members about my concerns and suspicions. When she found out I felt she had a personality disorder, things went very badly and she quickly recruited her mom and stepdad to basically threaten me to drop the issue and never bring it up again.

Fast forward to today and I've been separated from my wife for about 5 months now. We have a 9 year old son together, so we are still involved in each others' daily lives. I've been staying at my parents' house (at 40 years old) but am over seeing the wife/kid/dog a few times a week also.

I've recognized for quite some time now that my wife and I just can't be happy together and I didn't take the decision to leave lightly at all. Over these last few months, the wife has relentlessly used FOG to try to convince me I need to move back home. She's also trying very hard to convince me that she's been working on herself and is a different person. Even if that's true, after years of tension, conflict and emotional abuse, I just don't have it in me anymore to try to reconcile.

So, long story short, that's where I'm at. I look forward to being a part of this forum.

Boat Babe

Welcome to the forum AG. You've gone through a lot and are starting the next part of your life a a free person and living parent. We all know how much strength and courage it takes to get to this point after a relationship with someone who has a PD.

I've been here for two years now, almost daily since lockdown, and the members here are stellar. You can discuss anything and be sure to be listened to with respect and receive thoughtful answers. See you around .
It gets better. It has to.