Still waiting for the trap....

Started by marymackblack, March 07, 2021, 11:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marymackblack

Thx so much for responses to my earlier message re my BDP sister and my mom with Alzheimer's who I'm getting ready to help move.

My sister traveled back home and was supposed to leave today, and I arrive tomorrow to help mom pack and get ready to move, but sister keeps manically texting me about things she needs my help with on the house and sounding desperate. She texts me about all the sad things mom is saying, her texts are all childlike and she is trying hard to get a reaction out of me. She now says she won't leave till Thursday ( meaning I'd see her for 4 days at my mom's ) .Each text gets more provoking as she becomes more desperate for a reaction, but I have to keep my focus on my mom. My sister is also manic + borderline and I believe seeing my mom this way after being absent for 2 years has thrown her into a borderline , manic state.  My mom is suffering and so am I. I have no idea what she will do or pull min to min. I have to stay strong and keep peace for my mom.

Boat Babe

I am sorry you are having to deal with your sister's shenanigans at such a stressful time with your mum. PDs really know how to make a difficult situation worse.

If it's just for a few more days you will cope well. Make sure you self care like a boss and increase any emotional regulation techniques you may already have in place. Conscious breathing is great cos you can do it anytime anywhere.
Sending hugs for you and your mum.
It gets better. It has to.