NC from others at same time?

Started by Jolie40, March 17, 2021, 11:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolie40

is it possible that another family member went NC about same time as you?

I went NC w/o notice last summer with PD parent/siblings after chaotic year

during that yr, one sibling was "put in charge" of PD parent & kept all us siblings informed via email
haven't received updates since last summer (around time I went NC)

did they figure out I went NC and did so, also?
OR maybe they quit doing updates?

guess there's no way to find out unless break NC which I'm not up to doing
does anyone have a guess?
be good to yourself

Starboard Song

My guess is that they became aware that you were not communicating and they returned the favor. And that is of course a perfect outcome.

NC isn't a unilateral Silent Treatment, it is a policy of No Contact. So this retributive NC, if that is what it is, is truly a gift to you. I'd recommend you keep your head down and enjoy it.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

SeaBreeze

I once went NC with my late uNPDm for 3 years. During that time, my brother also went NC for about 2 years. We didn't even know NC was a thing, and hadn't yet narrowed all her troubling behavior down to NPD. But she was acting downright scary during that time (a third person, outside of the family, filed a restraining order against her, if that gives you any idea). So I broke contact to protect my children, and then my brother followed suit to protect his kids as well.

He caved first on resuming contact, mainly so we would at least know where our mother was and what she was up to. He did a great job of maintaining boundaries whenever she tried to use him as go-between with me. I will always appreciate that he did so. (I eventually resumed contact as well, but with boundaries, and it was at least "better" with her after a much needed break on my part.)

So yes, more than one family member can see the light and go NC at the same time. Or, this person is at least respecting your boundaries?

Jolie40

thanks for replies Starboard Song & SeaBreeze!

possible that a retributive NC happened but I'm now leaning towards "stopped updates"
but maybe it's BOTH

didn't put in OP as it would have been too long:
1) with one update, other siblings & I had questions but "sibling in charge" didn't want to answer questions & threatened to cut off updates

2) when parent was in hospital for short stay, Dr was giving info to a visiting sibling (pre-covid)
they told me "sibling in charge" stormed in & told Dr no one but them were allowed updates since THEY were in charge
be good to yourself