Belated Mother's Day almost meltdown. Bittersweet resolution and realization.

Started by 1footouttadefog, May 15, 2021, 02:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1footouttadefog

I don't like to eat out in M day.  In our area the nice places downscale and limit the menus and everywhere is crowded.  A lot of folks who don't usually go out to nicer places are crowded and taking cameras out do show off and make spectacles of themselves, are noisy, and let kids run around, etc etc.

I just avoid it and leave room for someone else.

My kids were to be done with college classes just after m day and I decoded to go out after I stead of before so we could all be together.  We took my mother also.

We went to a bistro at a winery Friday after mday. There was a 30-40 min wait for a table so we did a tasting at a tasting bar during that time.  Pdh sat around the bend of the bar pouting. My underage dd sat with us and engaged but did not drink. She showed interest in what was being discussed and asked questions etc.

I could tell by the panicked looking around and shaking his head in disapproval that pdh was going to be a jerk.  I asked the attendant to get a soda.  He sat and did not drink the soda.  He complained that it was flat and that he did not like coke from a can.  I mentioned he had been drinking entire cases of canned drinks at home despite his diabetes.

He then interrupted that there was nothing on the menu.  It is limited but had several styles of hamburgers which is his fav food.  He comainedof the price and said this is not a restaurant but a booze place.

I told him it is what us girl types like and that my eldest dd was enjoying being old enough to do something like this with me and g mother for the first time and assured him that we would pick something he liked better for Father's day. 

When we sat down he informed me that he saw a Burger go by and it was Soooo small. 

I then why not order two so I can have the potatoes with my meal that has no carbs with it.  He was then satisfied and Enjoyed his coke with his meal.

I am officially his guardian now.  I had to laugh to myself that this was my first official mother's day as his parent.

What a bitter sweet realization. 

I am thiking the antique car museum and Arby's for fathers day. 

11JB68

1foot, I can relate to that feeling of having to play the mother role to updh

escapingman

That is so my wife, always finding a problem and me always trying to find a way to make it ok for her. It's laughable really, but when you know you know. Well done!