Stillirise...is a single person!!

Started by Stillirise, June 02, 2021, 12:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillirise

About 3 years ago I started lurking here. Nearly 2 years to the day, after I registered and made my first post, I now officially have a UPDxH.

While I quietly celebrate this as a personal victory, I'm still mindful that my children have suffered the loss of what they thought was an ideal family unit.  I remind myself that it was far from ideal during the marriage, and is better, now—just different.

I sit today, on the shoulders of the giants of this forum, who have gone before me down this path.  Not one person here has ever said they got into a marriage, wanting it to fail. Not one person here has ever said they were happy they had to choose divorce.  What I now understand is how great the feeling is, to clear the fog, and realize I did what I had to do, for myself and my children.  It took more strength and perseverance than I thought I had, when I came here in the beginning, struggling for answers.  No one was coming to save me.  I now feel like I've saved myself, and my kids.  We are no longer beholden to the daily whims of a disordered person.  I'm still able to hold empathy for him, as a disordered individual, but I no longer have to hold space for him in my life. 

:woohoo: :yahoo:
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.
—Maya Angelou

losingmyself

Congratulations, Stillrise!
Wishing you peace and happiness

blunk

Congratulations. It truly is a wonderful feeling to be free! :fireworks:

Poison Ivy

SonofThunder

A huge congratulations to you and I tip my hat to your strength and persistence.  Truly a remarkable self rescue for you and your children.

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

pushit

Congratulations!!!

And very well said!  It's impossible to explain what it's like to end a relationship with a PD (especially w/ kids involved), you have to experience it for yourself.  It's much more than just a divorce, it's like a rebirth that begins when you decide you're no longer going to tolerate the disorder in your life.  Speaking for myself, I have no regrets.  Beautiful kids, and today I'm 10x the man I was on our wedding day.

Best wishes to you as you continue the journey to a drama free life.

JustKeepTrying

Congratulations!!!  I am so happy for you!

What a journey and you are so strong!

notrightinthehead

I am so happy for you!  We all can benefit from your experiences. Thanks for sharing.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

PAY

Congratulations! Such a journey! And you are so right. We all at some point thought we were in love and had a happy-ever-after. And we do- it's just different and for you, right now as a single person. Thanks always for sharing your story-challenges and victories!

Kat54

Congratulations Stillrise, perfectly said evoking what we all have gone through and feel. Wishing you years of well deserved peace and happiness!

Jsinjin

It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

Empie2204

Stillrise, it´s time to enjoy your life!    :cheer: