1 year out and pd ex is still being a creep

Started by ShyTurtle, June 03, 2021, 09:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShyTurtle

So June 1 was narcissistic abuse awareness day, and June 13 will be the day I left the npd, bpd ex 1 year ago.

So before I left, I was doing social media for a certain charity organization. He takes pictures. I repeatedly asked him to submit pictures, but he refused, saying he wanted compensation for them. I leave him, then I quit doing the social media. Nearly 1 year later (recently) I see he has submitted photos for the charity's social media!

Also, a month ago I got engaged. Suddenly I hear through the grapevine that he recently got engaged. Coincidence? I think when he found out about me he couldn't handle it. He had asked me many times to marry him when we were together. I never said yes because I had already been trapped in a marriage with a lousy husband. It took me a long time to fully grasp his warped nature. I pity his fiancee. She hasn't known him that long and may not fully grasp what a crappy person he is yet. I know, not my problem, but I was once that naive person who moved in with him and slowly had my soul shredded apart.

Anyways, summer is here. I'm going to be out in the world more. He will find me one day and I will have to deal with it. I can't hide from the world forever.
🐝➕

pushit

PDs love to mess with us so they can get their own fix from it, the trick is don't let them in your head.  I've found the best thing you can do for yourself is let it all go and concentrate on living your own best life.  Stop caring what others think, and seek what you want.  Why he got engaged?  He has his own reasons for that, maybe it's you maybe it's not.  His fiancĂ©'s future struggles?  Not your problem, she'll learn too.  Why he submitted photos?  No longer your concern.

Freedom truly comes when you no longer care what they're doing.  Go live a great life and let them be whoever they want to be.  Then, when you meet him in public, you'll have a new-found confidence that wasn't there before and he will slink away.

ShyTurtle

Thanks pushit. You're right on all fronts of course. I just needed to vent. He has no idea that I've taken over the social media again and will be ignoring /blocking any of his future messages/requests to be featured.
🐝➕

pushit

No worries, vent away! 

But I'm going to offer you a different approach to this.  Why ignore his requests?  Why not just treat him like anyone else and consider his photos?  No special treatment, one way or the other.  That would serve you in two ways.  1.You are proving yourself to be the bigger person to those around you.  2.It will send him the message that his behaviors don't affect you, and he will stop trying to get his fix.