He doesn't seem to remember

Started by 11JB68, June 16, 2021, 09:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justanotherlostgirl

My husband does it too. It makes me feel like I'm going crazy!

There was one continuing incident, when our child was born where he started calling someone else our child's mom. It hurt me pretty deeply, but I said nothing. I just doubled down and found a friend of his to call daddy because it hurt me so much. On his end, it didn't hurt him at all! He found that just fine. Recently I brought this up to him and he denied it, even though this has been ongoing. Finally, after continuing to tell him this is true, he then of course shifted tactics from not remembering, to making an excuse, which really wasn't better in any way.

So finally, I have seen that he DOES remember (at least I think he does), but that he just denies it to get out of having to make an excuse for his bad behaviors. Sometimes I think he genuinely does forget, but overall, I think he uses it because he doesn't even want to be bothered to come up with a reason for it. Like it just is because he's entitled to do it somehow.

square

I think narcs don't temember because they are constantly lying to themselves, and can no longer keep track of what's true. Which is the point.