Stuck on Logistics

Started by WhiteWolf, June 25, 2021, 08:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteWolf

How did people leave with: no income/no car/no bank account of their own + kids in a rural town without family close by to go to?? I'm stuck on that. PDH ramping up the hatred this week, had various objects thrown at me, hitting me, he's sorry and will fix it blah blah, now tonight he's upset about my son's birthday cake design, so feeling like I need to be ready.

notrightinthehead

You will need a few things - have your emergency bags packed and stored in a safe place.  Please read up on what to put in there.  Here are some ideas:
https://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/domestic-violence/domestic-violence-safety-plan-how-to-create-implement-one

Do you have a phone? Can you call the police? Do you have the number of the next women's shelter? Next time he becomes agitated,  are you prepared to call the police on him and leave with them taking the kids with you?
Can you squirrel away some money? Do you have any qualifications that will help you find employment?  There are many problems to solve, you can tackle them one by one.
But the most important is your mindset.  As long as you have not made your mind up wether you are prepared to remove yourself from an abusive situation as long you will remain in it.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

JustKeepTrying

:yeahthat:

Where there is a will, there is a way.

I left and thought there was no money.  I was ready for metro housing and living very frugally.  It was worth it.  In the end, it was worth every stressful moment and I am in a better place.

Your safety is a priority.  Everything else can be replaced.

For money, I would take out a little extra with each grocery run and literally sock it away.  When I left, all i needed was my go bag and the file with necessary documents.  The rest was just stuff.

If it is real bad, go the shelter.  That is what they do.  all they do.