Darlene Lancer says it all for me

Started by LemonLime, July 16, 2021, 07:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonLime

I have to give another shout-out to Darlene Lancer.  The information she produces just really resonate with me, especially this post below about why narcissists are the way they are.  It perfectly explains so much about my childhood and adulthood with my uNPD sister, who is admittedly mild on the spectrum of PD, but nonetheless exhibits so so many NPD traits.   The reason this helps me is that when I understand what's going on, I can save myself the anxiety and time sink of going over and over in my head what has happened with my sibling, and questioning my role.    Whenever I have an intrusive thought, I can simply think "oh yeah, sis has PD traits and the reason she is hurting me right now is that her defenses are out".   And that's all.  I can then stop thinking about it and go on with my day.

Here's the one that explains so much to me:

https://darlenelancer.com/why-narcissists-act-the-way-they-do/

She's a smart lady, a former lawyer I think.   

WearyHusband

Agreed. Darlene Lancer's material is excellent. For those who aren't familiar with her, she has a ton of helpful (and free) articles on her website, as well as a number of helpful books. DarleneLancer.com