We have all been ghosted now? How to move forward.

Started by realitybaths, July 30, 2021, 12:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realitybaths

Anyone familiar with my post history knows that I have a PD sister who went into full paranoid mode and drama mode two years ago and since then has caused a ton of disruption and drama in my family, including lying about my daughter being sexually inappropriate with her cousin and bringing my parents and wife into it.

She has now cut us all off completely, even my other sister, who was in many ways her last tie to the family aside from my parents.  All of this happened after we finally called her out on some stuff. This happened in rapid succession, the ghosting: my daughter, then my wife, then my brother, one by one the dominoes fell. We think she has spiraled into deep paranoia and has a victim complex that is literally off the charts now.

Is there now any hope for our extended family?  Or maybe we should see this as a blessing and just move on without her . . .

bloomie

Hi realitybaths - I do remember the difficulties and pain your sister's accusations against your DD brought into your lives from your other posts. 

I can only respond from personal experience and say that for me, when my high conflict, unstable, brother took a wrecking ball to any hopes for continued relationship by physically attacking and threatening one of my family members, after years and years of attempting to work with and around his many issues, we took decisive action - which revealed to some degree just how mixed up he was.

He cut us off completely and has expressed directly he never cared if he had a relationship with us anyway.

I believe him and I respect his wishes to have no contact and have completely, absolutely dropped the rope.

And you know what... it has been a good thing for us. I had not realized how much work he and all of his drama and problems had been and how much angst he brought to every single thing he engages in.

I can truly say it is so much healthier for me to be at a distance from a scary person who has caused tremendous harm to our family.
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.