Hi

Started by dawnrobin, August 10, 2021, 10:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawnrobin

I'm here to try to make changes to myself. I'm far from perfect, and need advice with the newer people I engage with . I struggle to make new friends but have a solid Zoom group of old friends. Feels like a haven.
I've always had a rocky relationship with my sister, who I love, some degree of narcissisticm But have recently had contact with my nephews and pics of my great neices. So glad that her criticism didn't cut me off.
Usual routine with sis; would love to meet up. All the dates she's unavailable etc before settling on one. She isn't that busy and I'm free on would be my way of putting it.
Think it's hard to separate just not getting along with narcissusm
Main problem is with my neighbour. Will post under that thread

Starboard Song

Welcome to Out of the FOG.

Whether we are dealing with personality disorders in others, people are simply difficult, or even our own insecurities, many of the same tactics apply. That means you really can be successful.

Check out our Toolbox, with a particular emphasis on What To Do. That section I find to be helpful in my everyday life. For instance, when a friend is a little upset about something -- but not something I did -- it is important for me to remember the My Stuff / Your Stuff rule. Him being upset doesn't mean I need to be.

Read a lot, and when you are ready, do share some more. I hope you find good answers.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

dawnrobin

Thanks for the reply. Have found the toolbox info useful.