Hi Members

Started by Justanotherlostgirl, August 24, 2021, 06:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justanotherlostgirl

Hi everyone,

I am new here. My husband isn't diagnosed with any PD, but after scouring the internet in desperation and reading the stories here, I feel I am in the right place.

My husband is truly awful and emotionally abusive. He doesn't care about my feelings, has no empathy or remorse, is a liar, serial cheater, criminal (uncaught), fraudster, expert manipulator and absolute black belt master of the silent treatment + disappearance scheme.

I'm here because I'm in the process of trying to secretly leave him and nobody in my life seems to understand just how much pain and suffering being married to someone like this can cause. Even my therapist suggested I forgive him and try to work things out, which I honestly, don't find appealing after like the 6th affair.  :doh:

I need support from others who have been/are in this position. I just need to vent, talk, and know I'm in a space where other people have experienced this and know how it turns your life totally upside down.

Looking forward to reading more about all of you and getting to know you!

bloomie

Hello and welcome to Out of the FOG. I am thankful you found us and have reached out for support and encouragement.

There are wonderful resources all over the forum boards and in the drop down menus above along with helpful conversations taking place.

I am sorry for all that you have endured and hope that we can be a source of validation and insights as you take steps forward toward a healthy and peaceful life for yourself. 

I look forward to seeing you out there on the forum boards!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Justanotherlostgirl

Quote from: Bloomie on August 24, 2021, 08:07:45 AM
Hello and welcome to Out of the FOG. I am thankful you found us and have reached out for support and encouragement.

There are wonderful resources all over the forum boards and in the drop down menus above along with helpful conversations taking place.

I am sorry for all that you have endured and hope that we can be a source of validation and insights as you take steps forward toward a healthy and peaceful life for yourself. 

I look forward to seeing you out there on the forum boards!

Thank you, looking forward to reading more and getting to know everyone.

Starboard Song

Welcome to Out of the FOG.

Please spend some time in the [ulr=https://outofthefog.website/toolbox-intro/]Toolbox[/url], learning what to do, and what not to do. It is full of good advice.

Also, be aware that secretly planning an exit can bring hazards, and you should plan for them. Review our Emergency Links for if you run into any problems.

Welcome, and I wish you ever so much peace and strength.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward