The Return of Batsh#t Crazy

Started by bruceli, August 25, 2021, 07:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

:yeahthat:
What is it with this? Happens in my house too.  He tries to call to me from across the house... but I can't do the same. 

Andeza

Yeah my mom used to do that too. She could holler across the house all she wanted but I'd get in major trouble if I did the same.
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

Empie2204

Of course they expect us to hear them in all possible thinkable conditions:
a)  when we are busy preparing meal in the kitchen with all the sounds that this activity produces and him watching TV with a maximum volume on
or
b) him being tinkering and making noise in the cellar and you being up in the living room.

After some time my kids concluded wisely that "mom has a selective hearing."

JustKeepTrying

Goodness this strikes a chord.

Working in the kitchen, radio on, kids running and I can't hear myself think.  He and the kids had me convinced I was going deaf - a result of the chemo   It was so bad he arranged for me to get hearing aids - free because they were demo - and it didn't help.  I wasn't deaf - I just couldn't go when he called.  How do you step away from a poopy diaper, kid in the bath or you are outside taking out the garbage.  And I'm supposed to drop it all to answer a question like "Do you have the receipt for the bananas you bought today?"

losingmyself

:yeahthat:
"Ma'
"Yeah?"
"Ma!"
"Yeah?"
"MA!!"
"What?"
"MA!!!"
Just everything.
I know for a fact that his hearing is getting worse and he's projecting on to me. I'm the deaf one.

Cascade

Such a crazy day yesterday! It's been a while since I've seen the completely illogical thinking that he was doing yesterday.  Is it any wonder I hate weekends?

escapingman

Quote from: Cascade on March 29, 2022, 01:06:20 AM
Such a crazy day yesterday! It's been a while since I've seen the completely illogical thinking that he was doing yesterday.  Is it any wonder I hate weekends?
For a long time up until I finally told my uNPDw about the divorce, she projected that I hate weekends and made up some stupid reason why I hated it. What she always forgot was that she kicked off, shouted and screamed at me and then when I walked off told the kids it was me wanting to be for myself as I hate weekends.

Now I make sure I am as busy with other things as possible, kids activities, going away on my own, staying in bed as late as possible etc just to avoid her. Weeks are easier as you can hide behind work.

I completely get where you are coming from Cascade.

SeaBreeze

uNPDh complaining: "In 10 years, you'll be even older than you are now!"

😂😂😂

Cascade

QuoteuNPDh complaining: "In 10 years, you'll be even older than you are now!"

Good one! ;D

Empie2204

Of narcissists and books:

When I left my exh I took all my books.
1. They are mine. 2. He doesn´t read.
Out of the blue comes today a WhatsApp message, a shot of Ephraim Kishon´s My Family, Right or Wrong. (Hoover alert!)
When I was young before I got married, I read Kishon, and I must have forgotten this one somewhere.
He read the title and decided to send the shot to me, showing how mean I was. How dare I question my family!
Of course, he has no idea what is the book about.
The same happened some 8 y ago when my DD was in her teenage years and read some typical cheap novels young girls read at that age. The titles he saw on her bookshelf were The Lost and The Prisoner.
He accused her of a crime thought, namely, that she was referring to her life in our family.
Although the books were action/romantic, he hit the nail on the head, unaware of what he was confessing.

rockandhardplace

PD: says something but I didn't hear
Me: sorry what did you say?
PD: I'm not going to repeat myself listen properly / nevermind

ME: says something
PD: I didn't get any of that stop mumbling

Most toxic part is I didn't notice this pattern until my then 9/10 year old started refusing to repeat anything she said accusing me of not listening properly and that she's not going to repeat herself!!

Breadroll

Every now and then, old memories turn up like fur balls.  It helps to get out- and couldn't think where to put  this...but batshit crazy 😝
Xnpdh invited his new boss and partner to dinner.... Like a good wife appliance  I ran around and produced a dinner as he certainly wasn't going to -  and they turned up in full fancy dress. Yup apparently he had told them it was fancy dress.  But not me or thé kids.  I found some quick fix hats for the kids in the dress up box- and guests had bought a fancy dress for xnpdh gif his use  on a work trip away at a future date.    It was a truly bizarre evening, with me doing my best to pretend it was all expected.
I end every post like this it seems- but am so so glad to be out of it

losingmyself

Lunchtime today:
Me: Oh, is somebody giving away apple juice? I saw P had one, too. ( there was a jug on the table where we were sitting)
H: Yeah. You can take it if you want it.
Me: Oh, no, I don't like apple juice.
H: Well, maybe I wanted it! Geez, everything is about you, isn't it? I guess I can't have it.
UMMMM.... :blink:
I reminded him that he asked ME if I wanted it, and he should take it if he wants it.
Then, I got that F@#$ing smirk again, like he was trying to mess with me, and he knew it.
Did I fall for that in the past???
I know he'll take it just to have it, and he won't drink it.

SeaBreeze

Have been divorced from my first uNPDxH for over 25 years, and have not spoken to him in about 10. I've recently been told by DD27 that he claims I once threw a television at him?? What in the world??!!  :roll: I was very petite back then, and as many of us old timers remember, even a "small" TV was a big, clunky, heavy thing in the 90s. It was uNPDxH who once purposely DROPPED a TV down the stairs out of anger. Somehow this has morphed into me... THROWING a television... and at him...??!!? Ah well, just the mental image of my tiny 20-something self hurling a large, older model TV through the air has given DD27 and DS20 a huge chuckle.  :hulk:

Poison Ivy

Old timer confirming: TV sets used to be very heavy, as did computers. (They're among the things ex left in the house that I had to dispose of after we got divorced.)

Fae Greenwood

Random statements that apparently rely on my psychic powers. We were driving to the pet store for dog food. We were talking about a recent family childbirth. Then he said "Last week that machine was broken."

It took a few minutes of careful questioning to find out he was talking about the ice cream machine at a drive thru restaurant we passed, a place I'd never visited, never expressed interest about, and wasn't mentioned by either of us. 
I have to remind myself constantly that I am responsible for my choices but not the choices of anyone else.

When we have a child, we give a hostage to fortune and to the other parent.

I may not respond as I have to sneak onto this site and more than a quick view is challenging.

losingmyself

Fae, I get that all the time!
"I wonder if he was doing that on purpose"
No context. There was no conversation going on. I was supposed to know that he was talking about his F.  Got scolded for not knowing that...

escapingman

I wonder what goes on inside those heads.

I was driving once with STBX in the front next to me and the kids in the back. Came up to a big puddle covering part of the road, with a couple walking on the pavement next to it. I moved over the car and passed the puddle with about half a meter to spare, STBX suddenly starts screaming how could I drive straight through the puddle and shower that poor couple with water. GC in the back seat joined in and they both screamed at me. In the rear mirror the couple was still walking, dry, as if nothing had happened.

Cat of the Canals

Conversation between PDmil and my husband:

MIL, staring at the guitar in our living room, voice oddly confrontational: So do you even play the guitar anymore?
H: ...yeah.
MIL: How often?
H: Whenever I want...
MIL: So not every day, then.
H: I mean, I don't have a set time or anything, if that's what you mean.
MIL: So that means not very often.
H: [Remains silent because what's the point]

There's backstory to this, but it's long and boring and still doesn't really explain why MIL cares what H does or doesn't do with his own possessions.

And he plays quite often, for the record.