Hello! I am new

Started by CharlieBarley, August 26, 2021, 01:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieBarley

My name is Charlie. I have just found out my Mum is a narcissist and has NPD. It is shocking but it all makes sense. I am so grateful to find this out in time. I can let the healing begin now.

Unfortunately my Mother, the NPD sufferer, still abuses me. I was abused yesterday. I stood up to her for the first time properly, and now she is not speaking to me. It's her birthday next Friday and I don't know if I am welcome or not. I want to go see her, despite her abuse, because I have a 40-year old sister with a mental handicap, who needs my support and I want to be there for her.

My sister lives with my Mum.

I have been the main source of support for my Mum and have been going up to stay with her for days at a time. Up till now.

Also my Dad died last year. My Mum and sister are grieving. I am too, a bit. But my Dad was somewhat abusive to me as well. So I have some grief but also confused feelings.

Also I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. And I was bullied for two years at high school.

I don't know how to handle this situation. And I would like to find out coping techniques for dealing with my Mum's behaviour. I live in England.

Any help would be most welcome. I live on my own.   :stars:

Starboard Song

Welcome to Out of the FOG. This is the right place for tactics and learning.

Begin in our Toolbox, where you can learn What to Do, and What Not to Do. These are great sections. And each To Do topic has a page supporting it with details and discussion.

Read, read, read. Learn, learn, learn. And when you are ready, head to the boards if you'd like to share more of your story and challenges. Please always take  care to protect your privacy, as this is a public site and is searchable.

Welcome!
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

CharlieBarley

Thank you Starboard Song

I will do that!

Thanks for the welcome.