Well I finally made it!!!

Started by Dodo, October 19, 2021, 12:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodo

well I finally moved out of the house of my udpdp, I broke up with him in early March and had to live in the same house me down and him up for 4 months, we seemed to get along in the house as long as we had our own space he tried to talk me into staying longer but I finally flew the coop July 1 and stayed by myself in my condo until I sold it, while I was there we still had minimal contact but he came over once to help me with something and we ended up in bed.  It had also happened twice while we had broken up in the house. While I'm finally in a house and settling in but in the meantime I had asked him to please watch the dog for 3 or 4 days while I move as the dog was so displaced and needed some attention from someone who loved him. So FF told me he would watch him anytime as he missed him and it wouldn't be a problem. 
So when I phoned and asked him, he said he wasn't the only one living in the house and no he couldn't and that the only time he heard from me is when I wanted something!  This is not true, he had offered to help me I have never asked. I told him this wasn't about me it was about the dog but he still held fast that no he couldn't.
I shot off an email saying he did tell me he would look after the dog when I needed him to as he was his dog too!!
I told him I'd never ask him again and I won't. This was over 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard from him since and I have never contacted him either. 
He wanted to be friends with benefits but it just isn't possible, so I really think this is for the best as he just constantly annoys and disappoints me.  Pretty much the story of our relationship.  The question is I have some of his stuff and wonder if I should drop it on his door step or just forget about it till he asks or maybe he will never ask and that would be fine also.
I have the odd pang of missing him but know it will pass as I only have to think of all the times he hurt and disappointed me.

escapingman

Well done, keep him away from you. Regarding his stuff, can you just put it all in a box and either just keep it until he asks for it or just have it delivered to him and the you never have to think about it again?

Lauren17

Congrats, Dodo.
It sounds like you've made some difficult decisions and are headed in the right direction.  :)
I like the idea of shipping his things back to him.
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)