The Scapegoat’s Anthem

Started by Rocketman, October 30, 2021, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketman

I'm a person who enjoys and finds a lot of depth in music. A while back I came across the song, Satellite, by Sara Bareilles and it really moved me. Simple lyrics that struck a chord with someone in pain. With lines like "this was written for the one to blame/the one who believes they are the cause of chaos in everything" it came to be the scapegoat's anthem in my book.

All of us dealing with boundaries and scapegoating are trying to heal. We deserve love, we deserve peace.  I listen to this song when I need a reminder of that...

1footouttadefog

I am not familiar, I will look up the song.
Thanks.

I find slot of music seems to be about pds.  There is a Josh Groban album where several songs seem to be about pds

Rocketman

I'll have to look into his albums. Not that it's great to hear painful lyrics about dealing with this but it does feel validating. Everyone's got an outlet and seems like some of these artists are just trying to heal like the rest of us.

happygoat

Ooooooooh!  That's spot on.  Brought me to tears.

Rocketman

Yeah the first time I listened to it I was sobbing within the first verse. Second time reminded me of my sibling who had so much about them that wasn't accepted. Cried harder. Took a few tries to have a dry listen!