Terrible Development

Started by wisingup, October 30, 2021, 07:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worthy of Care

I'm sorry to hear that your brother has cancer.

wisingup

Update:  Brother has been home for a couple weeks and is in much better spirits.  He met with the oncologist & it's more optimistic than it originally seemed.  Phew!  That was a rough ride for a few weeks.  He still has quite a road ahead with chemo, etc. but everyone's feeling hopeful that he can beat this.

Now to uBPDm - she has several doctor's appts coming up & I plan to take her to those.  It is pretty disruptive to my work day, especially considering that I am 2 months into a new job, but it's important & I think someone needs to be there to hear what the doctors have to say.  For the other errands though, I would like to be relieved of that duty.  We are ordering her groceries & household items online for delivery & I am still managing her finances - stopping by to get her bills regularly.  She wants to get out of the house, which I fully support, but I don't want to be the one to have to take her places every weekend.  I've shown her multiple times how to use Uber, as well as provided the number for a local senior rides service that is free with advance notice.   Maybe she'll surprise me and actually learn to use these resources, but so far she has not.  She is very much recovered from her delirium episode & there's no reason she can't do these things except for her own anxiety about it, as well as wanting me to come every weekend.  So we'll see how this plays out. 

I think eventually Brother will be able to pitch in again, but I really don't want to put any burden on him while he's going through Chemo.  If he's able to help, he'll let me know.  He knows better than anyone how draining it is to deal with her.

SunnyMeadow

I'm glad the situation with your brother is more optimistic now than it was! That's a relief for all.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with the stress of your mother, as if your brother's cancer diagnosis isn't enough to deal with. During tough times with my mother I keep in mind the three C's, medium chill and observe don't absorb techniques. The last one is especially helpful for me, I hope it is for you also. ♥