Why do they fake empathy?

Started by mary_poppins, November 12, 2021, 04:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p123

Quote from: mary_poppins on November 24, 2021, 10:18:03 AM
@p123 Sorry for your uncle's passing. I don't know if you were close to him but I was close to my aunt and uncle as a child (those who god Covid) and built nice memories with them. Anyway, your dad doesn't understand social etiquette, especially during a death. The lack of empathy, combined with a lack of social skills, leads to cruel and awkward behavior. As moglow says, it can still amaze us how unsympathetic they are. I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed by their lack of humanity.

thanks mary. He was a nice guy and I remember him from when I was a kid so its a little sad. BUT I hadn't seen him for 20 years plus.

Yeh Dad was more interested in "getting the story" than anything else at all.

blacksheep7

Quote from: Olive on November 22, 2021, 08:00:34 PM
I don't think NPD individuals can feel empathy, but they recognize it in others and it's a tool.  All people are only, ever, paper dolls being staged.  She might be doing this because empathy is free and gives her clout among those of her generation. 

For example, my mother took my sister to bars when she poised as an undercover prostitute and then told the church and her family she was a prostitute.  I was shocked to see the actual pediatrician's report where he stated this child is afraid and he refused to do a pelvic.  It made no sense when it happened.  Now, 50 years later, I feel my mother was grooming my sister to behave like a prostitute, so she could play the role of a condemning Good Christian woman raising a tramp.  She was punishing my father for not paying child support. The grooming can be extensive and you are not privy to how she is using the broad network, most of these people don't know they're being used.

Your job is trusting those spidey senses

Wow Olive, what a horrible sad story. Your M using/teaching your sister as a tramp for her own personal selfish gain.   Going around with a persona of a christian women. :evil2:   I'm sorry.  How is your sister today?

I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.

"When people show you who they are, believe them."
Maya Angelou