Thank you

Started by Birdy, January 01, 2022, 02:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdy

New here to posting but have been reading the forum for years.

I'm here mainly because of my semi-diagnosed NPD waif mother. She was initially diagnosed as bipolar and ocd by a psychiatrist; however, after trying several meds that didn't work, her psychiatrist told me it can be very difficult to distinguish between bipolar and someone who is just a really difficult person. The doctor then went on to describe her personality disorder without actually giving it a name.

I actually had a pretty normal childhood because my father was really good with boundaries and keeping things private from me and my brother. Everyone just thought her weird behaviors were a bit eccentric.

My husband and I also have had issues that this board has helped with because he comes from an extremely abusive and dysfunctional family.

Thank you so much for all of your help and Happy New Year!

bloomie

Hi Birdy. Happy New Year, to you as well. 🎉

Grateful you have found the forum helpful and so glad you have officially joined the community. It is a tough spot to be in to have toxic and unhealthy behaviors from your mom and mil. A lot to navigate without the twists and turns negatively impacting your family of choice (FOC) and marriage.

I look forward to seeing you out there on the forum boards and supporting you !
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.