Bill Eddy. Every person should learn this stuff

Started by LemonLime, January 19, 2022, 12:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonLime

Love this guy!  Thanks to the other poster who mentioned him recently...sorry I can't remember who!

My teens need to see this.  To learn this.   Oh, how could my life have been so different had I known this stuff? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-wwXhbwfrA

bloomie

LemonLime - I am a huge Bill Eddy fan, too! Thanks for sharing this resource.
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Boat Babe

Just looking this up. The High conflict institute has some cracking resources.
It gets better. It has to.

Starboard Song

This guy's delivery is like a fleece blanket at 5am on a cold winter morning: he could be reading the quarterly financial report of an oil company and I'd be all like "oh, that is so calming and true."

He needs to add, "deliver your messages with this level of sedated calm" to his rules.

I like that his messaging is about "high-conflict people," which takes the high-stakes of a PD diagnosis off the table. This is great stuff.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

IsleOfSong

I recently mentioned Bill Eddy in another thread, so I may be the one who brought this to your attention, LemonLime!

And I'm always happy to spread the gospel of BIFF communication and Eddy's approach in general. I almost wish I could hire him to deal with my uPDw so I don't have to! Once you get in the habit of responding consciously by using the BIFF method, it's actually fairly simple to execute.

I love the idea of sharing his videos with my teenage kids. They'd probably figure out pretty quickly that it's their mother's behavior that led me to share it with them, however.  :P